Saturday 15 February 2014

Half term!

Well its half term, edging ever closer!
For once in my life I elected to do the short course on the Anglezarke Amble. I felt awful climbing up to the top of Rivington Pike. I realised at that point this was not going to be good - I was wrong!





Heading to the top of Rivington Pike - all of 1.5 miles and I was feeling done in.
I coughed and sneezed all the way to the top until I coughed up something that resembled a seaslug - felt a lot better after that




Standing in front of Rivington Tower. This is made up of 9 shots stitched in Hugin




Slipper Low dog training - very impressed and totally unexpected!

Trotted past - the dogs were exceptionally well behaved!
We were exceptionally smelly by now!

Great Hill from the Slipper Lowe end. Went straight up here in one charge. However it was very windy. 80+ mph. Found a guy at the top in the shelter shivering, dragged him to his feet and we managed to get to the next checkpoint. Just over the top of the hill the wind picked me up and dropped me on my backside 5 yards away - Oh how we laughed-  not

Looking back Jubilee Tower which was on the route is far, far away!


The checkpoint straight after great hill and the  last checkpoint before the end.
Managed to add orange juice and hot tea together in my mug, too embarrassed to throw it away so I drank it ugh! No permanent damage though - made quite good time on the last section.

 As soon as I elected to go short I regretted it. I had to back in Blackpool by 7 looking and feeling my best. I didn't think I would make it. I don't believe it would have added more than 2 hours to the trip round. The wind was intense but never felt it was going to be a problem. Climbed all the hills OK after Rivington so the other stuff would have been OK - Roll on the Peelers!



No comments: