Monday 24 February 2014

The Peelers, 23 Feb 2014

Manage to haul my ancient carcass round the Peelers Challenge event on Sunday. Great event, great weather and even better potato pie - thanks scouts. Pretty low turn out and I wasn't even last, I think I may have been a little quicker than a fortnight ago on the Anglezarke Amble. However lots of piccies done, And a video. Manchester Uni Canoe Club don't even know its here yet - they soon will!

However here is the Garmin Trace - for some strange reason there are spiky bits - even I don't get that lost! I absolutely agree with the average speed! Here is the panoramic approaching Peel Tower. Much of the route was on pack horse trails, there are many.There is a quick link to the canoe bible here. Great Amazon reviews!



Manchester in the very  hazy distance, Bury closer still. The hump on the left has Peel Tower, we went there and carried on to Bull Hill and Helmshore
  I stopped for at least 20 mins capturing the canoe footage. Well worth it, must get an HD camera, or a head cam or something that does a better job than the old Olympus camera
Elton Resevoir
Burrs Weir
Robert Peel
Two Tubs - my old watering hole - 42 years ago!

No comments: